This session is scheduled on 20 April 2022, between 13:00-14:00 and is aimed at solicitors across all levels of PQE seeking to return to the legal profession following a career break. This free webinar and Q&A will explore all you need to know about how to position yourself as a stand-out candidate.
Please sign up for this free webinar if you are:
- a solicitor considering a return to practice but unsure how to market yourself to potential employers
- struggling to get noticed by legal recruitment agencies
- lacking the self-confidence to approach employers directly
- fearing that asking for ‘flexible’ working arrangements will put you at a disadvantage
This live webinar and Q&A session will be hosted by Husnara Begum, former lawyer turned career coach.
Who this is for?
Solicitors at all levels of PQE
Throughout this webinar and Q&A, attendees will:
- Learn about tried and tested job search techniques for solicitor candidates with unconventional CVs
- Discover the importance of networking in the context of job hunting
- Receive advice on how to prepare a robust and memorable narrative / elevator pitch to use when having career conversations with contacts
What this will cover?
This webinar and Q&A will cover the following steps to successfully recharge your legal career:
- How to explain gaps / blips on your CV to legal recruiters and employers
- Essential tips to cut the middleman and become your own recruiter
- How to use LinkedIn effectively as a job search tool (including what to include in your profile)
- How to harness your network to tap into the hidden jobs market
- Pros and cons of direct speculative applications
- What to include in cover emails
- When and how to approach discussions about ‘flexible’ working and salary expectations
- How to stay motivated
How you will learn?
This live session will entail a 30-minute presentation, followed by a Q&A.
Click here to register.